Last year, I was in Scotland, looking in a Waterstone's (book shop) at the teen fiction section and I came across 'The Hunger Games'. I had heard of this, but never really took an interest. Anyway, I decided to buy it, thinking I would enjoy it. From the first page onward, I was gripped by the fast-paced, exciting story, I couldn't put the book down!
A little while later, I was out with my sister, and we were in Waterstone's, this time in England. I asked if I could get the next two Hunger Games books, so she bought them. I eventually finished the second one just after Christmas. But then, I couldn't really get into the 3rd, and I had another book to read, the first of three, that my brother Robin had got me for Christmas. This book is the first book in the series 'His Dark Materials' by Phillip Pullman, 'Northern Lights'. About a week ago, I decided to stick to this, instead of 'Mockingjay', the 3rd Hunger Games book. I found that I had made a good choice, as this book is amazing! I thoroughly recommend both series' of books, I'm sure any avid readers would enjoy them! I really hope you do read them, comment if you have already read them or are going to buy them!
I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment